Friday, February 26, 2010

Statistics and how they have changed my life.

This blog is going to be about my life. The happy , the sad , the good and the bad. There have been alot of changes in my life lately, and I guess I need to talk about them .

Let's start with a little bit about ME!

My name is Lana Owens and I am 42 years old. I live in a little town called Burkesville ,Ky; I was born and raised here and have never lived in another town. Burkesville is a quiet little town with nothing to do . We have one stop light, several gas stations and Churches. Not many places to eat, and no drive-thru!! We have no McDonalds and no Wal-Mart.. Yes we live a very primitive life and are in a little seclusion . You are probably thinking that is bad, but really it is not. This is where my point of view comes in and how I look at my life here.

I am married to one of the most wonderful men in the world, and that's a story in itself. We have two children. Mary Alex who is 14 going on 20 , and Levi Neal who just turned 12.

The way I see it raising my kids in this little town has its advantages... When we go to Walmart , its a treat and something special. If you live where there are malls ,and plenty to do then you kinda get bored and have nowhere to go. When you live like we do , then it's a special occasion to go somewhere else.

Statistics show that 66.5% of the people in Burkesville have lived in the same house for more than 5 years. I guess you can say that most people that live here have lived here for quite some time and don't plan on moving.

Now thats a good statistic. To me it means its a pretty good place to live and people are not leaving. You may ask why there is nothing there, and your right there is nothing here, like high crime rates. People here walk at night without guns or feeling unsafe. There has never been a drive by here, and remember there is no drive thru either. Well actually the two local drug stores do have a drive thru to pick up medicine.

In this town entertainment is going to Little League game's and benefit fundraisers for people that are sick to raise money to help them out. Now whats so bad about that??? A community that comes together to support our kids , and people in need.

This is my town and I am proud to live in it. People know people and will help in times of need...a special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog